New UV-C lights have been installed in both our Walled Lake and Birmingham locations to sanitize the air in the ducts when it is exchanged. We also plan to enforce 6 feet apart and mask use as per state and CDC guidelines. We have also limited our recreational class sizes to 6 for our preschool program and 8 for Kids and Teen classes. Competitive classes will have rotational attendance if they are inside the building and large. Here is a list of procedures and requirements to ensure as safe of an environment as we can.
Policies for Students
1. Check-in outside. After temperature check, change into shoes before entering the building (if class is inside that day)
2. Classes will be held outside whenever possible. If classes are inside we plan to have ample space for distancing and exterior doors open when possible. Please bring sneakers, water, and weather appropriate clothing. Masks are optional when outside only
3. Masks in hallways, classrooms, waiting areas and bathrooms in accordance with state guidelines.
4. Hand sanitizing stations have been provided outside your classroom and classrooms and common areas will be frequently sanitized.
5. Dancers are encouraged to bring their own yoga mats to stretch on.
6. We will be offering accessory packs for our preschool classes so that dancers have their own materials for class and they do not have to use community materials if they do not wish to. More details will be emailed at a later date to these classes.
7. If there is an exposure in your class. Your class will be asked to quarantine and will be switched to virtual during that time.
Policies for Parents
1.One adult per child of dancers under 7 may enter the building but are encouraged to watch class from their parent portal in their car. No other spectators will be allowed in the building.
2. If someone in your household has symptoms or has been directly exposed to COVID-19 you must quarantine for appropriate CDC guidelines before returning to class.
3. All classes will be streamed virtually for students who choose to take class this way.
4. If your dancer has a break between classes and you are able to pick them up please do so. If not they must wear a mask at all times while inside the building.
Dancers may not eat in the studio, but can do so outside.
5. If a teacher is exposed all of their classes will be switched to virtual until it is safe to return to the classroom
6. We ask that you make the studio aware as soon as possible if your dancer or someone in your household tests positive or has an exposure so we can notify our staff and affected families
Updates will be made to these policies if and when CDC and state guidelines change.
We are so excited to be back to class this fall!